- Learning about Jesus changed everything for me. My life looks different than I ever imagined it would when I was fifteen, and I’m very okay with that.
- I met Danny Tilmes when I was 18. I thought his last name was pronounced “tilmz” for months. Now, I know it’s pronounced “tilmiss” and it’s my last name, too.
- Speaking of changing names… I went by Katy my whole life until I got married and started a full-time job at a marketing agency. I thought Kathryn sounded more mature, which I assumed I needed to be at that point in my life (ha). Now I prefer Kathryn, but when old friends call me Katy I find it endearing.
- Now I manage a hair salon in Cincinnati, but no, that doesn’t mean I know how to style my own hair.
- If you’re wondering how I went from working at a corporate job to managing a hair salon, I’d love to tell you sometime, but for the Spark Notes version, see bullet point one.
- My grandfather is very special to me. We call him Yayee.
- When I visit a new city, I go to coffee shops and antique malls.
- I’ve been writing in journals and taking photos for as long as I can remember. I love to create and be creative and can also get wildly passionate about processes and the organization of an Excel spreadsheet.
- I always thought I was a “neat freak” until I married Danny. …We have a pretty clean house (ha).
I’m very into Instagram, and I’d love for you to join me there:
And if you’re not into Instagram (or, hey, even if you are), I’d love to be email friends! I’ll drop in your inbox every now and then with something fun and encouraging.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.